Microlise Limited ("We") and J C Bamford Excavators Limited (“JCB”) on whose behalf we operate this Site are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is J C Bamford Excavators Limited (“JCB”) of Lakeside Works, Rocester, Staffordshire, ST14 5JP.
This also sets out information as to what the Livelink devices generate and transmit and what we do with it.
Information we may collect from you
The Site collects two types of information about its visitors: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (i.e. anonymous information). This information will be processed by us and JCB, the JCB Group and JCB Dealers.
Personally Identifiable Information
This refers to information that specifically identifies you or is linked to your identifying information.
Personally Identifiable Information is collected on the Site only when you choose to provide it, such as when you enter your contact details or send a comment by email or provide such information to the JCB Dealer for them to insert into the Site.
If you are a LiveLink subscriber: We also collect Personally Identifiable Information on this Site in order to provide the services you have requested. For example, Personally Identifiable Information is requested when you register for an account, login to use your account, or make use of “My Account” (a service allowing you to change your personal account settings).
Your subscriber account information might include your name, contact information, account number, credit card number or other payment or account information, vehicle identification, dealer preference, and other identification and contact information.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
JCB Group or we may also ask you to complete surveys for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How can you update, correct, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information? You may change any of your personal information in your account online at any time via My Account. We encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed, when your subscription terminates.
As a security measure we "back up" the data stored on our systems. Data archived for back-up purposes at a given point in time may include information that you corrected or deleted after the back-up was made. We do not rely on archived data in the normal course of business. If we do have to utilize backups, we follow procedures to restore only the most up-to-date information.
For details of Non-Personally Identifiable information that is collected see section IP Addresses and Cookies below.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual or is not linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may collect information about details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, the address of the web site that you just came from (the Unifrom Resource Locator or “URL”), which URL you next go to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
This information is used for system administration, for example, to ensure smooth site traffic flow or to assess what pages on our sites are visited the most and by visitors from which countries of Internet Service Provider (ISP) domains. This allows us to measure relative visitor interest in the various areas of our Site for development purposes. We will report aggregate information to JCB Group.
We may enlist the services of a third-party Web-statistics service provider, but only under the condition that the service-provider's use of this anonymous data is limited to providing the services we request. In order to collect anonymous statistics about our Web traffic, we may use "web beacons" (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs").
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small data text files contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
The telematics devices transmits information (to us or the JCB Dealer may input information) about the equipment, including condition and operational data (such as but not limited to model number, serial number, location, performance, diagnostic data, fuel usage, service history). Where the owner of the equipment cannot be identified from the telematics data then the determination will be made by combining the telematics data with the information that has been collected through the Site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate and reasonable steps (including physical, electronic and procedural safeguards) to try to protect the information that we process. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We and/or JCB Group and JCB Dealers as relevant will use information held about you or other data collected through the Site in the following ways:
- To improve the content of our Site, to enhance users' experiences when visiting our Site, to customize the content and/or layout of our pages, and to provide the services required by an individual visitor. To do this, our Web servers aggregate the anonymous information that your browser automatically transmits anytime you are on the Web. We do not use this information to attempt to identify you
- For the development, operation and improvement of the telematics system and other JCB Group products and services and for statistical and marketing analysis
- By JCB Group or JCB Dealers to provide you with information, products or services that you request or which are felt may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes including sending you offers and news, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes in which case you may be contacted for these purposes by post, email or telephone. If you are an existing customer, JCB Group or JCB Dealers will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not want JCB, the JCB Group or any JCB Dealer to use your data in this way please contact email@example.com in the first instance
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Livelink service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Livelink service.
JCB Group and JCB Dealers as relevant will use information collected through the telematics system to:
- Develop statistical studies;
- Help to develop and improve machines and equipment;
- To understand performance (including issues) of machines and equipment;
- Comply with regulations and laws;
- Protect people and property.
This information may also be combined with the personally identifiable information in order for JCB Group and JCB Dealers to better serve you, for example to:
- Fulfil support agreements;
- Perform diagnostics and therefore appropriate maintenance and repairs;
- Monitor and manage equipment health and efficiency;
- Evaluate claims made under warranty;
- Respond to inquiries, comments and suggestions regarding equipment;
- Market research (including but not limited to customer evaluation)
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1139 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We or JCB Group (as appropriate) may disclose your personal information and the information acquired through the telematics system to third parties:
- In the event that it sells or buy any business or assets, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If JCB or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Additionally telematics information may be made available to subsequent owners of the equipment.
Neither we nor JCB sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others.
You have the right to ask us and JCB Group not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to reasonable access information held about you (including in some cases to update and delete personal information about you). Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and by providing satisfactory proof of identity and ownership of the equipment. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet costs in providing you with details of the information held about you.
This Helpfile has been made available for Microlise customers. The following Conditions apply to the use of this Helpfile.
By logging in you agree to our terms and conditions